The disability category bridges both the individual and commercial insurance world. Proactive individuals plan for the reality that they could be among the one in four people who may, for at least a period of time, become disabled before reaching retirement age. Organizations need protection to cover events such as the temporary or permanent disability of someone in a key leadership position.
For business owners and managers, the risk is both personal—from the potential loss of income—and organizational, from the loss of a critical driver of direction and profitability. A good group disability plan can also add value to an organization, making a workplace more attractive to employees by offering a benefit that enhances their sense of income security.
As an agency that has worked for decades to develop relationships with a wide range of insurance providers, Collens-Wagner is in a position to match clients in the greater York area with disability options to address all of these needs and more:
- Individual and Group Disability Income Insurance—including options for both short- term and long-term income replacement, with employer-based as well as individual plans available.
- Business Overhead Expense Disability Coverage—supports the continued financial stability of an organization in the event that an owner or other key source of operational funding becomes temporarily or permanently disabled.
- Disability Buy-Out Coverage—helps fund the purchase of the interest of a business owner or partner who has become disabled.
- Individual Disability Loan Coverage—finances continued loan payments during a period when a borrower has lost income due to a disability.
- Key Person Disability Coverage—helps keep a business financially sound during a temporary or transitional period when the services of an individual who is a major driver of revenue or direction have been lost due to disability.
- Retirement Contribution Disability Insurance—supports continued growth of an individual’s retirement fund when ordinary, income-based contributions have stopped due a short- or long-term disability event.
- Supplemental Disability Income Coverage for Highly Compensated Individuals—tailored income protection for persons with very high earnings, such as top executives, entertainers, and athletes.